Thursday 20 June 2013

How do you like your eggs in a morning? - Morning Skincare Routine

I thought I'd share my skincare routines with you guys, in a similar way I did my makeup collection, in parts so that you don't become too bored with my constant rambles. I came across this video last week from Into The Gloss, and felt completely inspired to take care of my skin, with her heavenly non-made-up beauty I thought, "Pretty please can I look THAT radiant without makeup?" She's incredible, it's only a few minutes long, give it a watch, I promise it'll change your opinions on skincare. For now, onto my skincare... Hope you enjoy.

And in case you cannot tell... I love Origins!

For reference: My skintype is normal. I have zero skin conditions, but hate my dark circles. 


I haven't found my holy grail cleanser yet, but I have quite the assortment. I have a couple tubes of Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish but for a quicker cleanse, I've been loving Origins Checks and Balances. Although I love this product, it's essential that moisturiser is applied straight after cleansing, as it tends to leave skin feeling a little dry and stripped of moisture otherwise. (For this reason, I wouldn't recommend this to those with dry skin.)

My next step is to use a small amount of Liz Earle's Instant Boost Skin Tonic, it makes my skin feel hydrated, and I find it to be cooling and fresh on the skin. An unnecessary step, but one I enjoy, especially in the summer months, all the same. Toners have almost become obsolete haven't they? I mean, even when they were a step we all had in our skincare regime, did any of us really know what they were doing? I know now that it was to remove any excess cleanser, but if you're using a good cleanser, it won't leave any residue on your face anyway.

After this I reach for Dr Weil x Origins Skin Tone Correcting Serum and apply this all over my face sparingly. This product brightens and resurfaces my skin and is also an absolute dream to apply and glides on perfectly. Not to mention that it's candy-like scent makes you feel like you've been transported to Willy Wonka's factory. Then in with the eye cream, I'm currently using Origins Plantscription eye cream, which is actually a dinky little sample, but eye cream lasts so long anyway, I'm not complaining! I like this product, much more than the dreadful Nip and Fab one I tried. No one wants wrinkles, do they? So I apply my eye cream with my ring finger (the weakest) and dab along the socket to avoid any premature wrinkles (you wouldn't think I was about to turn 19 from the way I'm talking would you...)

After eye cream, it's time for moisturiser. I won't waffle on for too long, as I think most of you will have seen (this post) on my holy grail; Origins GinZing moisturiser. After that I pick one of my many lip balms to apply, and I tend to reach for a lighter one in the morning. At the moment, I've been using Burt's Bees pomegranate balm in the morning, its leaves the lips feeling soft and replenished, without leaving a thick coating on the lips.

My skin is usually at this point, ready for LAYERS UPON LAYERS of makeup. Ha... Just kidding.

Hope you've enjoyed this post... My night-time routine will be coming up soon!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I too am an Origins GinZing moisturiser lover. It smells heavenly!

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad they brought it out! I truly love using it. X

      Delete
  2. I looooove everything Origins too!!

    Never tried the Correcting Serum though...need to get on that :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's way more pricey than most Origins products! Very much worth it though, I had a sample of it and it lasted truly ages! Xx

      Delete
  3. I tried a bit of the GinZing the other day at the airport and boy will I go and get that once my bank has been re-filled! ahh pure awesomeness in a tub! xxx Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesomeness in a tub is exactly what this is! I love it!! Xx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig