Monday 8 July 2013

I can't think of a snazzy title - Estée Lauder Eyeshadow Duo in Raisins Review

I was looking at my blog stats and all that boring stuff a couple days ago, and I noticed that someone had gotten to my blog by looking for Estee Lauder's Raisins eye palette, however I hadn't actually reviewed it, so I thought, given how beautiful it is, and how amazing it looks in the sunshine, I would review it for whoever was looking for a review... 


The typical Estee Lauder gold packaging is the epitome of elegance, it looks so much better and feels a lot more luxurious than brands like, for example, MAC or Bobbi Brown. I find it can be a little stiff to open sometimes, but I'd sooner have it hard to open than easy, as knowing my luck, it'd pop open and I'd find it in crumbled pieces.

I like palettes with mirrors on the inside of the lid, they make them much more travel-friendly, and it always saves bag space when you don't need an extra mirror as well as your make-up. But, onto the product itself... the shades are a pink-toned champagne colour, which when applied on the lid, thanks to its very subtle shimmer, looks more like a beautiful gloss finish than glitter, and a rich cranberry/blackberry type colour, also with multi-tonal shimmer running through it. Both shades are perfectly soft and easy to apply, have zero fall out, and are highly pigmented. As with most shadows, the colours are much more vibrant and last a lot longer when used with an eyeshadow primer (my primer of choice being Nars Pro-prime Eyeshadow base) but even when used without a primer, they last a long time on my non-oily eyelids. The only fault with this palette is just how pigmented the darker shade REALLY is, it's so dark that it's very easy to overdo it, so making sure you apply layer by layer, and with a very good blending brush is a necessity.

This palette, is overall, pretty impressive. I bought it for the gorgeous shades, but didn't particularly have high expectations, and I've been blown away by just how amazing the quality of the shadows. As with most palettes now, I haven't even touched the dinky little applicator that comes with it, but when websites like Crownbrush are around, you can get professional quality brushes for such affordable prices, that you do not need to consider these (excuse my French...) crappy foam applicators.

Hope you're all loving the sun, but make sure you know you're SPF, UVA and UVB are protecting your skin, we don't want any horrible symptoms of sun damage, do we?

Lots of love. 

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Oh wow, it looks soooo pretty. Now I know why it's so hyped all the time <3 xx

    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful Gem! As with a lot of products, it's so hard to photograph just how intense the colours and the shimmer is, so so pretty!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Oooh thats is so pigmented! And looks amazing!
    I want one too!!

    BlogLovin' | Blog | Facebook
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-oh I apologise for the influencing.. haha! xx

      Delete
  3. Those shades look gorgeous! Can you still get this in stores? It isn't limited edition?

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't limited edition, no. Which is fantastic. Sorry I should have posted a link to it. Xx

      Delete
  4. Wow so pigmented !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and crazily pigmented palette!
    Please check out my blog!
    http://the-fairest-of-them.blogspot.co.uk/
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks so pretty! I wouldn't have guessed how pigmented that dark colour is! Need this in my life haha!
    If you have a spare 5 minutes, would be awesome if you checked out my blog! :)
    www.littlerose-rozzi.blogspot.co.uk
    Great post, love your blog!
    Rozzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's crazy. I've already followed you lovely. Thanks so much! Xx

      Delete
  7. This looks so beautiful, and my CCO always has them really heavily discounted too!

    chillis626@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling a little uncool, but what is a CCO? I need some more if they're even cheaper!! X

      Delete
  8. I love this pallet really want to take the plunge and just buy it!
    alisha
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's so so wearable, you'll be happy when you do! X

      Delete
  9. Ive been trying to find this in store but no one seems to have it! I'll just have to keep looking. Such a gorgeous duo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, that isn't good. Have you not tried online?

      Delete
  10. Ohhh the shades looks gorgeous paired together (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they just! Thanks for commenting lovely.

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig