Wednesday 11 June 2014

Spotlight On: Clinique Chubby Stick in Mighty Mimosa

You know those times when you're just completely stuck for things to blog about? And you feel like you have had an epiphany when you pull something out your handbag and realise you've never written about it before? Yeah, one of those. Hurrah! (I'm so over dramatic)

Clinique Chubby Stick in Mighty Mimosa is one of those products I bought on a whim, with arms filled with shopping and a hefty sum in Debenhams points on my Beauty Card. Wanting to know the best lip product for accompanying a barely-there look, I came across this, and being completely apprehensive about tinted balms I carried on shuffling around the store and covering my hands in numerous shades of muted pink.

Upon first application I knew I'd fallen in love with this rosy pink shade, with a slight sheen, which ends up looking like healthy lips with a slight slick of lip balm. The major selling point for me with this was that I didn't need a mirror to apply (someone reassure me that I'm not the only one that finds strangers stare at you applying lipstick in public?). It's the little things... but this is completely fault proof, and easy enough to use in a rush, whilst on a bus, in the dark, you name it!

Much unlike other coloured balms, Clinique's Chubby Stick does actually hydrate and treat your lips, whilst leaving a beautiful tint which lasts a good few hours before it wears down. With it being so sheer and long-wearing, this balm is the most low maintenance lip product I've ever used, and much unlike some lipsticks, you are never paranoid that your lip colour is worn away and similar to that of Heath Ledger's Joker.

So if you're in the market for a new lip product (or just a treat) get this, it won't disappoint.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh your pictures make me want to get this! so pretty.. but I know it wont show up on my pigmented lips.. :-|

    Laura Mercier Custom Artist Portfolio Review | TheConscienceFund | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful! And it being a light colour is the idea. My lips are quite pigmented too.

      Delete
  2. They seem to be super nice !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Chubby sticks for eyes but I haven't tried any of the lip colours yet, this one looks lovely though a perfect everyday shade :) x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever tried one of those, I do love it though I must admit. They're bringing new ones out aren't they? You'd love this colour I'm sure! x

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig