Tuesday 29 July 2014

Cheating Perfect Skin

If someone complements me on my skin, I always do a little snigger internally. Not that I can't take a complement, (I can't, but we'll leave that for another day) it's more that it takes me forever and a year using skincare products and various makeup products to cheat something not even close to "perfect" skin. These two products are the ones that are currently acting as real-life Photoshop for my face...

Get perfect skin - Chanel tinted moisturiser, This works skin miracle

Given tinted moisturisers were my first venture into make-up (and that's something we usually wish to forget) I somewhat surprised myself with how much I liked this Chanel Les Beiges fluid when I tried a sample. So I took myself down to the closest Chanel counter and the rest was history. It offers a very light coverage, but covers everything you want it to. I'm looking at you, hormonal redness and spots. And being someone that prefers an unfragranced base product, the white rose scent of this is heavenly, and helps to protect skin from environmental damage, whilst offering boosts of hyaluronic acid to up the moisture levels of your skin.

Get perfect skin - Chanel tinted moisturiser, this works skin miracle

And once again, I find myself revisiting the This Works Perfect Look Skin Miracle on ze blog, and I realise how big of a cliche this is now becoming, but I just cannot get enough of this literal miracle product. This "tinted skin perfector" is highly rated by Lisa Eldridge, and for good reason; it's sheer, hydrating, and has the good variety of natural ingredients, that collectively help to make us all beautiful. With the caramel and mica ingredients offering the colour, this is suitable for all skin tones, and will adapt to your natural skin colour.

These two products work amazingly together, and just as well on their own. The This Works perfector is ideal for light coverage, but won't cover any spots, at which point the Chanel offering will come in handy. Layering both of these products or using them singularly will perfect skin, depending on whether you want a sheer or heavier coverage depending on time of day and skin concerns. With each of them having no nasty ingredients, the only other thing you'll be needing is your SPF, then you're good to go.

Have you tried either of these products? And what products do you use to fake perfect skin?

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I really want to try the Chanel skin care!

    Emma from http://www.masqueradebelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah me too! They're so elegant aren't they. X

      Delete
  2. I WANT BOTH so much right nowww!! Awesome post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorrrrry! You'll love them though, they're amazeballs. X

      Delete
  3. Oh my god they both sound incredible! I seriously want to try both of them xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sara! I do love them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need that this works perfect skin miracle in my life. it sounds so good.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really amazing! The link I dropped in is a couple £ cheaper than everywhere else! Should give it a go. X

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Anika! They're amazing for luxury products!

      Delete
  7. Gotta say...the scent of Les Beiges just overwhelms me a bit...I can't deal!!!
    And everything from This Works is heavenly (I always trust Lisa E too!!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think? I think it's really pleasant, as it tends to fade once it's on your skin too. Lisa Eldridge is literally GOD when you need to find new products. I've never tried a bad thing from her recommendation. x

      Delete
  8. I neeeed these :) Love your blog so much Mol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you'd love them! And ahhh Zoe you've made my day! Thanks so much xxxx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig