Wednesday 23 July 2014

Current Summer Favourites

I'm not sure what it is, but I'm totally repping shiny skin right now. I don't know how it happened but my nose is occasionally glossier than a mirror. Unrelated to this post, but there you have it. I'm shiny.

I've been obsessed with these products lately. Naturally I had to share them...





The always lovely Dave Lackie surprised me with this little wonder a couple weeks ago, all the way from Canada. This Chanel parfum is utterly beautiful, so feminine and something which really reminds you of the classic floral fragrances. Despite feeling a tad wary of whether or not I want to use it (just so this bottle never ends) I'm finding myself reaching for this more and more. Sorry, Jo Malone, you've got competition.

When something gains the Lisa Eldridge deal of approval you know it's a good 'un. This Works' Perfect Look Skin Miracle is no exception, with a very sheer and buildable texture, this tinted (dubbed moisturiser, I think it's a lot more like a primer!) cream perfects and brightens skin tone within seconds. It takes a lot for some people to fore-go the foundation, and this product is the one that helps you do so. This is the most incredible product, has zero faults and I recommend you buy it, now. (Sorry!) On the topic of beautiful skin, RMS Living Luminizer also helps the This Works product to perform miracles. It's an all-natural coconut oil based luminizer, with zero shimmer, just a beautiful dewy, glossy skinned finish. Completely incredible.

Dior Addict Lipstick in 571 Exotique was a limited edition from about a year ago, and given I managed to get the last one in the store, it was destiny (or so I tell everybody to warrant the purchase). This is the best lipstick for versatility, its sheer formula means you can have a light, rosy glow to your lips, or a full on hot pink pout. Charlotte Tilbury's Five Star Lashes meanwhile, gives you the most fluttery natural lashes, with added length volume and curl. Despite the fact it's somewhat of a pain to get hold of, it's completely worth it, and I'm also infatuated by the Wonderglow primer, but we'll leave that for another day...



For good reason, Homeoplasmine is one of those things I refuse to stop talking about. I dedicated a full post to this beauty, here. Sticking to the French theme, I've found myself reaching for Klorane's natural dry shampoo more than normal. I'm trying to introduce my hair to co-washing, and well, it's currently turning to the grease-side. Yuck! Klorane's dry shampoo is amazing for getting rid of minimal grease at the roots, has very little scent, and is so much kinder than the likes of Batiste.

As some of you may know if you follow me on Twitter I will be turning 20 tomorrow! I'm completely in denial that I'm no longer a teenager, so I will be henceforth calling myself "twen-teen." Of course the benefits of a birthday are that I'll be getting presents, and naturally, I've been treating myself more than normal, so expect a haul in the next few days.

See y'all when I'm filled with champagne!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I've been eyeing that Klorane dry shamppoo for ages, so I'l hopefully try it out soon! I have the everyday use shampoo, but I wasn't too impressed with it unfortunately :/ Will be expecting that birthay haul,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it I absolutely love it! So much less harsh than any others I've tried. Haha, will do! I'm still waiting on a few presents. Courtesy of companies with bad delivery services and things being out of stock! Damn!

      Delete
  2. The Klorane dry shampoo certainly sounds worth a try, I recently tried a couple of products from their Mango line and I love them definitely a haircare brand I'm trying more from :) xx

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know they had a mango line! Thats so cool, bet they smell amazing! xx

      Delete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig