Monday 22 September 2014

Sephora Haul

Like the rest of the beauty-obsessed world, I got SUPER excited when Sephora started to ship to the UK, and after a small amount of scouring I was left underwhelmed. Most of the brands weren't available for UK shipping, and not to mention the £75 spend to qualify for the £10 flat rate shipping. Then there's the tax... But finding out the delivery rate had been lowered; I caved. Yes, I do have very little willpower.



Being someone that reads a lot of American blogs and beauty sites I feel like I'd heard an absolute ton about this Japanese wonder-brand and the huge cult following in numerous countries. The Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation is something that boasts a lightweight, "aqua" formula, with light-medium coverage and still allows the skin to breathe. Think Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua but in a fancier bottle and much harder to get hold of. This foundation really is a thing of wonder and offers very lightweight coverage whilst staying put all day and not looking like you're caked in makeup. Not that I'd suggest buying foundation online and from America, I spent a good hour looking at colour swatches and definitely got lucky.

Being faithful to my Nars Pro Prime eyeshadow base, I felt like I was cheating a little buying Tarte's eye primer. I haven't actually used this yet, as for once I'm waiting till I've finished one before starting another. There's a first time for everything, right?

The LipSurgence lip pencils by Tarte dragged me in straight away given they have a matte finish, and how much I love applying lipstick in a pencil applicator. I bought the shade flush which is a highly-pigmented, deep berry pink that can be worn heavily or blotted down to a natural flush (no pun intended.) And stays put for a good 5-6 hours before needing reapplication. If you eat a ton of burgers however I'd give it a much shorter lifespan.

How sweet is the packaging on these pencils? Definitely want more! 



Seriously, believe the hype on this one. Anastasia Beverly Hills throws it out the ballpark once again with this stay-put formula. I bought one of the newest shades, Medium Brown, as all the others were too dark, and this is an ideal match for my brows, being not too dark or red. This dinky little pot packs a punch when it comes to pigmentation, and I find it best used with an angled brush once the excess has been wiped off. The best part? It completely stays put, like doesn't budge at all. They should have contemplated calling it Bulletproof pomade. Because it sets so quickly, you do have to work a lot quicker than you usually would with brow products. Something you can overlook for perfectly defined brows.

Hope you guys enjoyed a little nosey at what I bought. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my camera will be back within the next week and I can get busy on new posts. iPhone photography is definitely NOT my thing.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Gurl, what are you like
    crackin haul tho x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe. I like to think I'm keeping someone in a job..

      Delete
  2. I always wanted to try some of these brands !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I love your blog and I always check it out since we have similar taste and the products you use suit me. -BTW I am in love with the Avene serum!!!- Aren't there sephora stores in the UK??? It's been 3 years since my last trip to London and I don't remember if I saw one or not. In my country unfortunately they don't carry Tarte!!! Love, a friend from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Your comment has made my day, thanks so much! Glad you like it, it's brilliant for hydration isn't it. There aren't unfortunately. I may be wrong but I'm sure they had one a few years ago, now there's nothing. Just Debenhams, Space NK, John Lewis and such. Tarte is available on QVC but only a few products and they charge a fortune on delivery. It's a nightmare!

      Delete
  4. The lip pencil from tarte looks great!


    New post on my blog, it'll mean the world to me if you check it out! Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?Let me know :)
    http://itsmathilda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love both tarte products and i really want to try the dipbrow!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram

    ReplyDelete

© Lyon Notes. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig